We tailor our approach to each client by utilizing a combination of methodologies and best practices that meets the needs of that client. Each of these services can be provided on an individual basis or can be combined as a comprehensive service.
Business Technology Audit
A Business Technology Audit is a functional, departmental, and/or enterprise-wide analysis of the internal business operations and supporting technology. The audit consists of a detailed analysis of the existing operation and the alignment of the enabling technologies that support the operation. We identify potential business opportunities to ensure a solid technology deployment, maximize operational improvements, and align process workflow to take advantage of system capabilities.
An audit will provide:
- An evaluation of the internal business functions process workflow
- An assessment of how well the existing technology is aligned to support internal business functions
- Recommendations and potential opportunities on how to achieve business goals through leveraging existing, new, or upgraded technology
Business Process Management
Aequitas helps organizations fundamentally rethink how they do their everyday work in order to leverage technology to streamline internal operations, improve customer service, and automate routine processes. This is an extremely critical step when implementing new technology systems that impact business operations. It’s imperative to correct and improve processes before automating them; otherwise all you’ve done is made a bad process run faster. Or even worse, you pay for costly customization just to continue to do the process the same old-fashioned way.
Our Business Process Management services focus on:
- Documenting the purpose, goals, and desired outcomes of a process
- Identifying the business rules, special conditions, and exceptions behind each process
- Identifying where, when, and how the process interfaces with other processes and / or other systems
- Identifying bottlenecks, challenges, and areas of process improvement
- Standardizing processes across the enterprise so they can be more readily understood, automated, and managed
Business Intelligence (BI) is the transformation of an organization’s data into actionable, high-valued knowledge which is the foundation for making informed business decisions.
BI provides a tactical advantage to an organization by:
- Measuring the alignment of corporate strategy and key performance indicators
- Providing real-time analysis of how the organization is achieving its desired goals
- Performing trend analysis for establishing future business strategy
- Identifying criteria toward the enterprise application integration strategy
As part of Aequitas’s BI services, we conduct a thorough Data Life Cycle Audit, which is the assessment of how data flows (collect, store, process and disseminate) through the organization’s information architecture. Areas focused on during this assessment include:
- Assessment of existing BI, data visualization, reporting methodology, and tools
- Identifying functional key data profiles
- Defining data analysis and reporting requirements
- Developing data standardization and maintenance considerations
- Creating an enterprise application integration strategy
Project management is a methodical approach to planning and guiding project processes from start to finish with specific milestones, goals, and outcomes to be achieved. All projects are constrained by three factors: time, cost, and scope. For a project to be successful, these three constraints must be in alignment. If any constraint is out of balance, the project could be headed for disaster. Strong project management is one of the most critical factors in implementing new technology initiatives successfully.
Aequitas’s project management includes developing a project plan, defining and confirming the project goals and objectives, identifying how tasks will be accomplished, quantifying the resources needed, and determining budgets for completion. It also includes managing the implementation of the project plan, along with operating regular “controls” to ensure that there is accurate and objective information on “performance” relative to the plan, and the mechanisms to implement recovery actions where necessary.
Choosing any new technology means you stand at a crossroads. There are a myriad of technology solutions to choose from. Add to that the many vendors competing for your business, the varying services they provide, as well as the multitude of pricing plans they offer. Selecting the right solution has become harder than ever.
The keys to a successful technology solution selection are identifying detailed functional requirements to meet operational and strategic business goals and then selecting the technology solution or combination of solutions that best supports the goals while ensuring a return on your technology investment.
Aequitas helps clients select new technology solutions that align with their business goals and objectives. We develop functional requirements based upon current and improved business workflow. As part of our Solution Selection services, we provide:
- An operational assessment to define detailed functional requirements
- Recommendations on how to best utilize the new technology and streamline business processes
- Solicitation of appropriate technology solution providers
- A methodology to compare and assess technology alternatives
- Contract and price negotiation
IT Strategic Planning
An IT Strategic Plan is a multi‐year plan that defines an organization’s technology roadmap and timeline for implementing reliable information technology strategies, solutions, and services that are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
The plan outlines the technology initiatives that should be implemented based on corporate priorities. This is a living document that will evolve naturally from changes to business strategies and new technologies introduced into the marketplace. An IT Strategic Plan also ensures alignment of business goals and objectives, with the intent of being able to maximize the capacity and efficiencies of the organization through effective use of technology.
Aequitas uses a variation of the Balanced Scorecard methodology when assisting organizations in developing their plan. The framework translates organizational strategy into performance objectives, measures, targets, and initiatives across several balanced perspectives. The Balanced Scorecard methodology makes the plan actionable and measurable.
Aequitas’s IT Strategic Planning services include:
- Defining IT guiding principles
- Identifying technology initiatives to meet the business goals and objectives
- Assessing the resource requirements necessary to implement the initiatives
- Balancing plan initiatives across Aequitas’s IT Services Delivery Model
- Establishing a comprehensive technology roadmap, timeline, and overall vision
IT Staff Assessments
IT Staff Assessments are an evaluation of the delivery of IT as a service within the organization, assessment of the IT staffing structure and support, and the management of technology.
Managing IT can be extremely difficult for a number of reasons, such as the rapid change of technology, the constant need for new technology solutions, and the challenge to assess and evaluate the technology skill sets when hiring IT staff.
Aequitas can also assist in hiring the right IT professional. Aequitas works with you to develop the job description and prerequisites, identify recruiting channels, review resumes, highlight potential candidates, and conduct technical interviews to augment the internal interviews done by you and your team.
Aequitas’ IT Staff Assessment services consist of:
- Defining the expertise needed to support the IT Strategy
- Reviewing the current staff job descriptions
- Conducting interviews with each IT staff person and key technology partners
- Identifying gaps in skills, resources, and capacity
- Determining the appropriate balance of technology initiatives that should be supported internally versus outsourced partners
- Providing recommendations on enhancing IT Resources
Losing a key IT leader within your organization can be challenging enough, but organizations can’t afford to stop moving forward with technology initiatives until a new person is hired. The down time can not only create higher risks on the success of projects, but can end up costing more money and impact service to customers.
Aequitas can provide your organization with interim or periodic technology leadership services. Organizations may choose to use this service during the sudden loss of a key technology management staff person or to add CIO-level advisory support in lieu of hiring a full-time staff person.
Our goal is to ensure that your technology initiatives continue to move forward and have the technical guidance required. CIO Services are tailored to meet your specific needs. Some of the benefits of utilizing the CIO services are:
- Assisting with creation of an IT strategy, vision, and prioritization
- Ensuring the alignment of business goals and objectives with the deployment of technology
- Providing senior level technical oversight and guidance for all major technology initiatives
- Monitoring IT investments and project initiatives, focusing on return-on-investment
- Offering guidance to senior executives on how to achieve corporate goals through leveraging technology
Business Continuity Planning
Business continuity (BC) planning provides an organization with a well-defined methodology for re-establishing business operations in the event of a disruption. Business disruptions can be caused by a variety of factors, such as severe weather, fire, terrorist attack, and cyber-threats, which can result in loss of key personnel, lack of access to corporate facilities, or destruction of corporate assets such as physical, data, etc.
Aequitas’ business continuity planning services help identify areas of vulnerability based on critical business functions and create a strategy to minimize downtime and establish acceptable restoration guidelines. We conduct an impact analysis to review and document internal business processes and then define their impact on the success of the operation. A solid, well-executed BC plan ensures the restoration of business activities to normal operations as quickly as possible after a disruption.
Aequitas’ approach to BC planning is comprehensive yet practical, so businesses can incorporate it into their daily operations to assist later in the event of a disaster. Our services include:
- Identifying organizational considerations
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures
- Determining vulnerability analysis
- Conducting a business impact analysis
- Establishing minimum acceptable recovery alternatives (MARC) for each required business process
- Performing plan testing
- Defining ongoing plan maintenance